Sunday, August 3, 2014

Grain Free Tortilla

I have finally finalized my grain free tortilla recipe! It's been about a month since I first started working on this. I can say this is MY very own recipe. How I came up with it is, I took our tortilla recipe (wheat) and then changed almost every ingredient except water and butter.

This is all you need!

I start out with:

60 grams of Garbanzo & Fava Flour
60 grams of Tapioca Flour
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cream of tarter
1 teaspoon xanthan gum.


Put all dry ingredients in a food processor and pulse a few times to combine ingredients. 


Add 20 grams of butter. Pulse in food processor until combined. 



Add four tablespoons of water. The turn on food processor until it balls up.




 Remove the dough from food processor. I put the dough on parchment paper.



I combine all the dough into one big ball.


 Then divide into four. I use a food scale and weigh out the dough so it's exact.


Cover the dough and let it rest for about an hour. If it's longer than an hour it's no big deal.


 Get your tortilla press out!



Then use a rolling pin to get the dough thinner.


 I roll it in parchment paper.


To cook these, you get a skillet hot. I put my burner on medium high.



That's it! If you aren't going to need them all at once you can put them in the fridge. I put parchment paper in between each tortilla and put in a ziplock.




Tacos!
Cheese burger with onions and mustard.

These tortillas are awesome! They kind of have a nutty flavor. 

I started making these one at a time. If you want to just make one here's the measurements.

15 g Garbanzo Fava Flour
15 g Tapioca Flour
1/4 t Baking Soda
1/8 t Cream of Tarter
1/4 t Xanthan Gum
5 g Butter

Follow all the directions above.

I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment